Bella Bean says: Make food fun. Let your child help prepare new foods. Playing games, singing songs and reading books about food are great ways to make food fun!
This recipe is a great way for your family to have fun with new foods!
Time to Make: 15 minutes
Two paper plates
Knife to cut carrot and celery
Butter knife to spread peanut butter, cream cheese, or hummus
1 pita pocket
Peanut butter, cream cheese, or hummus
1 celery stalk
- Wash your hands with your child.
- Carefully slice pita pocket open to form two circles. Place one pita pocket circle on each paper plate.
- Cut carrots into sticks and celery into moon shapes.
- Do the following with your child:
– Spread a thin layer of peanut butter, cream cheese, or hummus over each pita.
– Use celery to make eyes and mouth.
– Use raisins for the nose.
– Use carrot sticks to surround the pita pockets to look like sun rays.
-Enjoy New Foods Today for Good Health Tomorrow!