Gertie Gouda says: Be a good role model by eating new foods with your child. Your child learns how to eat new foods by watching you, other adults, and children eat them.
Play with traditional recipes and make them into new meals by changing a few the ingredients. The Fruit Burritos recipe does this by making burritos into sweet, yummy treats.
Time to Make: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 banana burritos (4 servings)
Child-safe utensil to cut banana
3.4 oz pkg. of instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
1 cup of fruit (banana, strawberries, apple, mandarin oranges, etc.)
2 cups skim or lowfat milk
2 10” flour tortillas (try whole wheat)
1) Wash your hands with your child.
2) Prepare pudding with milk by following the directions on the pudding package.
3) Do the following with your child:
– Cut fruit into small pieces.
– Mix fruit into pudding.
– Place one tortilla on each plate.
– Spoon 1/4 of the pudding mixture into the center of each tortilla.
– Refrigerate leftover pudding mixture.
– Roll into the shape of a burrito.
– Cut fruit burritos in half. One serving is ½ of a burrito.
-Enjoy New Foods Today for Good Health Tomorrow!