Here’s the proof
The Food Friends Program is proven to work
Research & Funding
What Participants Say
- Your program is truly wonderful. I have two daughters who talk about the Food Friends non-stop at home. We play with the scarves and listen to the CD on repeat in the car. My oldest daughter was a very picky eater, and your program helped her so much. I just wanted to tell you that you are doing such great work, thank you.
- It is a well-thought out and creatively presented program that catches the children’s attention and is effective in getting them to be open to trying new foods.
- The children were so excited each time they knew the food friends were coming to visit. I think the curriculum is strong. It also allows for teachers to add and expand in each area!
- Very well organized, excellent program, wonderful messages, easy to implement and, fun for the children.
- The teachers, children, and families were all excited about the program. It was nice to experience a school wide program that was openly received.
- You guys did it! What a hit! My children absolutely enjoyed every second of our participation with the Food Friends. They loved the characters, especially their super powers. They loved experimenting with some foods that I myself have never eaten before. They loved the movement activities, using their mats with the CD. They loved our group activities, such as the floor puzzle and the memory game and they all especially love Bella Bean!
- I’ve seen my pickiest eater become the ‘first’ to try a new food. The Food Friends CD, bean bags, scarves, and activity mats will continue to provide opportunities for the children to use them, therefore increasing gross motor skills.
- We have really enjoyed the Food Friends program at our house. It is a fun way to tie in what I already try to do at home, giving the kids some non-standard kid food when I can. I think it has helped my son to be more accepting when I serve something new. It’s more exciting for him now and it gives us some fun conversation starters at the dinner table.
- We love the program! At dinner time the characters were a hot topic of discussion! We love introducing new healthy foods to our family, too.
The Food Friends Story
The Food Friends® was developed at Colorado State University in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition. Program messages and components have been thoroughly researched and tested.
Fun With New Foods® and Mighty Moves® are target audience driven. Preschoolers, parents, and teachers had, and still have, a tremendous amount of input into the program. The characters and graphics were chosen by kids; the kit, program concepts, and activities were teacher-driven; and parents chose the messages and graphics that are included in the home connection component. Additionally, the program was designed with feedback from nutrition, child development, health promotion, exercise science, and occupational therapy experts.